Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09/09/09

A man said that his dog’s birthday was November 11th, and he pronounced it as one-one-one-one, which is funny because it sounds like a dog barking. Today is September 9th, 2009, o-nine, o-nine, o-nine, which is funny too.

My name’s Pei, I come from China but I now live in Sydney. I’ve only lived here for a short while, so I’m studying English at a technical college. Yesterday was a normal day in my life. I went to class, where we met Silvia in the morning, and we did some listening exercises. One of them was a little bit too fast for us, but if we listened two, three or more times we could catch the ideas. It’s good for us to practise like that. But it’s not very good to do it in class, because it needs time, so Silvia said she might give us an easier one next time, she’s quiet a good teacher.
After lunch it was Rosa’s class. Today is Rosa’s birthday, she might be a lucky girl because ‘9’ is a lucky number in China, and it means your happiness will last as long as your life. Rosa said there was also a car exhibition at TAFE today, but I missed it. What a pity!!
I went home with Maggie after class, and Jin always likes to go to the library! As soon as I came home I started to prepare this recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment